New findings from UNLIMITED’s CMO Barometer study unveil the multi-dimensional remit of the modern marketing leader – from digital to CX, creativity to loyalty, data to behavioural science, the CMO to-do list seems ever-expanding.
But applying a subconscious technique to our research told a different story. The true 2023 CMO agenda is much less expansive and focused squarely on the ‘core pillars’ of digital and creativity, with many other concerns seemingly taking a back seat. Could CMOs be paying lip service to areas like CX, sustainability, and behavioural science? Are they stuck in a cycle of investing in digital for short-term performance, and leaning on creative to support brand?
Catch up on our panel webinar on-demand, hosted by Chris Mellish (TMW Unlimited), and featuring Tony Miller (WW), Natalie Sylvester (Vodafone) and Jeremy Hipkiss (Barratt Homes). Hear first-hand 'why' CMOs are prioritising certain things, and dropping others for the year ahead. We'll be covering:
- 2023’s ‘hot topics’ – the CMO priority list and strategy drivers, taken from responses spanning 19 European markets
- The ‘not so hots’ – why are certain areas lower on the pecking order or slipping in priority?
- The race to digital – the theory that soon we will reach a level playing field on digital capability, and what this could mean for brand marketing competitiveness.
- Creativity and conversion – CMOs are leaning on creative, but our results show they have low expectations on return. So, what do they look to gain from creativity?
- Emerging gaps and opportunity – using research sciences to push performance.